Friday, January 06, 2012

Verse for the Year

I have a Bible verse that I've claimed as my life verse for longer than I can remember, but I've never before claimed a Bible verse as the "verse for the year" as do some Christians.  While attending church with Ashlea last Sunday, Pastor Ryan used Psalm 105:4 to challenge us for the new year:

"Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually."  

Short and sweet, but packed with huge implications!  I've been thinking about this verse throughout the week, reflecting on what it means to seek the Lord and then do that continually.  How strong is my desire to spend time with my Heavenly Father in prayer and in his Word, knowing he desires to commune with me, his child?  How willing am I to humble myself to rely on his wisdom and strength rather than on my own?  How often do I acknowledge his sovereignty and goodness in all of life's hills and valleys?  How should continually seeking the Lord's presence affect my interaction with others, remembering that each one has been created in the image of God?  How can I better serve and minister to them with Jesus as my example? 

As I continue to ponder this verse this year, my prayer is that the Lord would grow my faith, love, and dependence on him.  I would appreciate any thoughts or encouragement from you on seeking the Lord and his strength continually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment