Monday, November 22, 2010

Daily Thanksgiving - My Extended Family

I am often saddened by the fact that I live one thousand miles from my extended family.  Though we make an annual trip to Kansas, we miss out on so much of the family togetherness, especially during the holidays.  But this year, weather permitting, we'll be able to join in the family Christmas celebration.  My heart is very glad!  

About twenty years ago, my sister gave me a framed calligraphy picture for my birthday.  I choked up when I read it then, and I still get choked up whenever I stop to reread its verse.  


"We are Family" by Gail C. Copeland

"Since before any of us were born, God planned for us to share our lives with each other.  He knew exactly how our strengths and weaknesses would balance one another, and the depth of love, understanding, and commitment we would learn to feel.  He knew the richness of our separate characters would be developed through the hard times, and that mutual trust and respect would be born as a result of overcoming the trials together. He knew that we would laugh together, and cry together.  He knew we needed each other...to hug, to help, to teach, to serve...to love." 

No comments:

Post a Comment