Friday, May 04, 2012

Drum Corps Chop Suey

I got this week's recipe at last month's Love to Cook Club and made it for dinner last night.  It was quick and easy enough. . .I liked that part. . .but I was underwhelmed with the flavor.  Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't find the Pioneer brand pork gravy mix and had to use the McCormick brand, or maybe I should have used more soy sauce (I used one tablespoon.)  Though others might find this recipe tasty, it probably won't be a repeat for us.  Sorry, Art.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
small onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, chopped
1 14 oz. can Chop Suey vegetables, drained
1 envelope Pioneer brand pork gravy mix
1 - 2 tablespoon soy sauce
4 cups prepared rice

Brown the beef and onion.  Add garlic and vegetables and heat.  Prepare gravy according to the package directions and add to beef mixture.  Stir to mix.  Serve over prepared rice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment