Sunday, May 27, 2012

Celebrating Marriage

Joel and I are celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary today.  He surprised me by posting a few pictures on Facebook, along with a sweet message.  Little did I know Joel was up at 2:00 a.m. this morning posting those pictures!  He never ceases to surprise me, and I love him for it!  Well, I have been planning my own wedding anniversary post for a few days, but now, thanks to Joel, I have the pictures he scanned from our wedding album.  

Joel, I am so thankful for our years of marriage, facing the joys and trials of life together.  It has been rich as our bond grows stronger with each passing year.  Today, though I could list many blessings, I am especially thankful for these two gifts:

~ That when I look in your eyes, I see your love for me reflected in them.

~ That you faithfully point me to Christ as the Savior and Lover of our souls.  

Happy anniversary, Joel!  

On the stairway in my parents' home.

Committing our lives to one another and to God.

Happy, happy!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you two! You set a good example for others to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ben! God has been so good to us!

    ReplyDelete