Friday, January 20, 2012

Piggy Pudding - New Recipe of the Week

As I was looking through my new Paula Deen cookbook the other night, this recipe grabbed my attention, Piggy Pudding.  With a name like that, I had to read more!  Paula describes it as "a great no-fuss recipe -- wonderful for a brunch or Sunday night supper."  There are two important words in her description - "no fuss" - just what I want after coming home from work.  Joel and I both really liked the interesting flavor combination of sausage, apples, and cornbread. . .with syrup on top, of course.  It's a comfort food sure to make an encore appearance at our table.  


Piggy Pudding:

16 link pork sausages
4 to 5 tart apples peeled, cored, and sliced
One 7 1/2 oz. package corn bread mix (prepare batter according to directions)


Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Cook sausages until done, piercing with fork to let out fat. Drain, then arrange in a 9 inch square baking dish.  Layer sliced apples on top.  Pour corn bread batter over all and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until corn bread is done.  Serve with warm maple syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment