Friday, July 02, 2010

Freebie Golf Outing





What a gorgeous day for a round of twenty holes of golf. Yes, twenty...a combination of getting lost (maybe we should have used a golf course GPS system), inattention to hole numbers, and gluttony. We should have been satisfied with eighteen holes of humiliation; instead, we replayed the holes we played out of order.

Joel and I went to a golf show back in March, and I won a round of golf for two at the Tamarack Golf Course, about seventy miles from here. It is a beautiful course, but much more challenging than what I've played to date. Half the holes had water hazards, and the bunkers were numerous. I had some bright moments...I think...but one hole was so bad, I told Joel to just record "oodles" for my score. We didn't bother with the final score, and I'm completely fine with that. Ignorance is bliss in this case.


No comments:

Post a Comment