Monday, June 28, 2010

Rescue Mission Golf Outing


If I would have known golf was so much fun, I would have taken it up years ago! And I would have been participating in the annual rescue mission ladies' golf challenge rather than driving the snack and beverage cart around. Well, that was fun, too, but not as fun as hitting a golf ball for six hours.

On Friday morning, about thirty women gathered at Germania Country Club for the fund-raising scramble. My team consisted of three novice golfers, but we did manage to take home a few prizes. I surprised more than a few people (including myself) by winning the "closest to the pin" prize on hole #10 with a drive of about 125 yards on a 145 yard hole. Before you start oohing and aahing, I should mention that the ball didn't quite make it to the green, as is expected for that prize, and some of the better golfers didn't qualify for the contest. Regardless, the prize was a $200 gift certificate to Bay Valley Country Club...a nice way to feed my new obsession. ; )

The most important part of the day was that we raised over $15,000 to help care for the homeless women and children that come to the mission. For that, we are very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment