Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Daily Thanksgiving - Joel

I had a conversation with a young lady (23 years old) last week in which she explained her reluctance to marry her boyfriend of four years for two reasons.  The first was that she may not know him well enough to understand all his character flaws, and the second was the fear of divorce.  I told her that Joel and I were married at an even younger age, and we've been happily married for thirty-two years.  I believe a happy marriage is just as much about being the right person as "finding" the right person.  And because I am aware of my many flaws, I often think that Joel's love is so much more than I deserve. I am thankful God joined us together...thankful for all the years together and the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment