Monday, October 11, 2010

Autumn Golf Outing

It was a perfect day to golf at Bucks Run Golf Club in Mt. Pleasant...ideal temperature, gorgeous scenery, and very few people.  Joel and I were able to golf at a leisurely pace (translation: well over par on most holes) without holding up a line of golfers.  I have to admit I felt very unworthy even golfing Bucks Run. Not only is it rated in the top thirty public courses in the country, I'm sure most of its golfers are at a competitive level where they like to keep score.  I was more interested in how many of my balls were "eaten" by the leaf piles along the fairways, i.e. out of bounds.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and it was free...one of the rounds of golf I won this summer.  I did have one good hole; I chipped in for par on hole number 17...AFTER I hit the ball over the Chippewa River.  You won't see me do that every day!  : )


Hole 17 - where I chipped-in for par. : )



Fairway Fred, who is not dead

No comments:

Post a Comment