Thursday, August 02, 2012

I'm Off to See the Wizard!

Over twenty of my co-workers gathered for a farewell luncheon for me this week at our favorite Mexican dive, and it was a great time!  I should have known I was being set up, but I was clueless until Marcia mentioned that the gifts were to be opened in a particular order. *lightbulb*  When I opened the red slippers, I realized we were "off to see the wizard." The amazing part is that all the gag gifts came through donations to the rescue mission (except the yellow brick). . .the Dorothy dress being donated just the day before the party!
  
 Ready to click my heels.

The dress actually fits, though you won't see me wearing it in public!  :)

Follow the yellow brick road!  A real Saginaw brick (painted yellow) that my co-workers signed later.   Love it!
  
The Wicked Witch. . .well, sort of.  ;)

I also received some very thoughtful gifts and cards, and I was completely overwhelmed by their expressions of love.  What a blessing that I've had these eight years serving with such wonderful people at the rescue mission!  

It's not goodbye, just so-long for now.  :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment