Monday, July 09, 2012

My Gnome Garden

What in the world is a gnome garden?  It's an unusual idea I conjured up in the dead of winter, that's what!  After my brother passed away, we received a monetary gift from Joel's oldest brother and sister-in-law to be used specifically for a living memorial of Doug. This was very fitting since my brother was a tree and flower lover.  After considerable thought, and with the inspiration from one of my favorite catalogs, I decided to redo my corner flower bed and decorate it with gnomes.  I then consulted my friend Jodi, gardener extraordinaire, and shared my thoughts.  She took the idea and ran with it!  I absolutely love her creation!  


BEFORE:  The flower bed consisted primarily of hostas and vinca vine which I  pulled (see piles).

Jodi moved the hostas to the back of the flower beds, then planted a variety of new flowers and herbs.  She also created stone paths for the gnomes to use when they visit one another.  :)

Beatrice checking out the new garden.  
One of the woodland gnomes
And last, but not least, my Kansas State University football gnome!  Are you ready for some football?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment