Friday, May 11, 2012

Thanks, Beatrice!

I love Beatrice.  As far as cats go, she's the strong, silent type.  Unlike Pheobe, who is all bark. . .or meow in this case. . .and no bite, she quietly goes about her business.  And this morning, her business was catching a mouse.  

Our cats are primarily house cats, but when the weather gets warm, they love their outdoor play time.  When I opened the door to call Beatrice into the house, I saw her across the yard running toward me with something in her mouth - a "present" for me!  I quickly shut the door to make sure it remained an outdoor "present". . .especially since, the "present" was still wriggling!


She's so proud!  

Beatrice hovered over the mouse until it died.  Of course, all the action attracted Phoebe's attention, and she demanded to join us outside.  It was hilarious to watch Phoebe ease up to the mouse, and once she got her nose close enough to sniff, she jumped back in alarm.  


Eeewww!  Disgusting!
Phoebe has her "alpha cat" reputation to maintain, though, so she quickly regained her composure to prove that she, too, could take on a mouse, a dead mouse, that is.  For Phoebe, taking on the mouse meant turning it into a batting, throwing, and catching toy.   She's the athlete.   



I let Phoebe play for a couple minutes, then I came to my senses. Eeeewww, disgusting! 

Oh, and Joel, you have a little "present" waiting on the step for you when you get home this evening.  Don't forget to thank Beatrice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment