Friday, February 24, 2012

Sherried Tomato Soup: New Recipe of the Week

Confession:  For the first fifty+ years of my life I thought tomato soup was nasty. . .but only because I never gave it a chance.  In my mind, there was only one good reason for the canned stuff to even exist, and that was to add to beef stew or meatballs.  But recently, we've been out to dinner with friends on a few occasions where someone ordered tomato bisque and raved about the flavor.  I began to believe that I might actually be missing out on something good, so one day while having lunch with a friend, I decided to take the plunge. . .and I'm here to tell you I'm not turning back!  

This week I made Pioneer Woman's Sherried Tomato Soup, and it was a hit!  Another confession:  I substituted half and half for the heavy cream, and the milk curdled slightly.  That didn't affect the flavor, but I learned my lesson not to skimp on the cream.  The recipe made a large amount, so I froze half.  Joel and I thought the soup was even better the next day. . .a real comfort food!  

No comments:

Post a Comment