Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Our daughter Ashlea pulled off another Christmas surprise visit by showing up around 8:00 a.m. yesterday morning.  Since we're getting together next weekend with Tyler and Baillie, I really didn't think she would be home this weekend. Sometimes I'm amazed by my denseness!  When I heard a car door in the driveway, I looked out the window and saw the back part of a vehicle, but didn't recognize it as hers.  Then I heard the garage door opening, and I wondered, "Who is coming into MY house. . . and not very quietly at that?!!"  Just as I was about to open the door leading into the garage, I saw her dog Walsh running in the back yard.  I opened the door to "SURPRISE!!"  My heart was exceedingly glad.  We were also able to pull off the surprise on Joel, and his heart was exceedingly glad.  It was great to spend Christmas eve together, talking, cooking, and worshiping with friends at a Christmas eve service.  Today we'll worship in our church and have homemade Mexican dinner with friends.  

Wishing you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!  

"My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. . .for he has done great things for me, and holy is his name.  And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation."  Luke 1:46-50

1 comment:

  1. Jeannette thanks for sharing and rejuvenating the readers. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete