Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wedding Rehearsal

Last Saturday, our son Tyler married Baillie in a lovely outdoor ceremony in Manhattan, Kansas. Being the mother of the groom was a great way to ease into parental wedding responsibilities. Other than shop for wedding clothes, all I really had to do was organize the rehearsal dinner and be available to help out as needed.  We held the rehearsal dinner at the wedding venue - Prairiewood Retreat Center. For a few short hours, I got to work in my dream kitchen, complete with a professional grade 3-minute cycle dishwasher, which was a huge blessing to my other dishwasher - Joel.  Don't worry; he had fun running the multiple cycles (kinda like a new toy). 

See my happy face!  I'm not usually that happy in my own kitchen.
Okay, I know I should be thankful I don't have to haul water and cook over a campfire. ; )

We ordered purple and white centerpieces and I made the place cards.

After dinner, Joel shared some words of wisdom with Tyler and Baillie.

We're a hugging kind of family. 


What's missing?  Pictures of the food! We had Coco Bolos cater the meal: salad, herb-crusted pork loin, Baton Rouge chicken (the sauce contained shrimp and lobster), roasted red potatoes, grilled mixed vegetables, and rolls.  All I had to make was the dessert - a blueberry angel food cake.  It was all very delicious! 

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm....Coco Bolos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to have to eat there next trip to Manhattan...which will be in December! =)

    ReplyDelete